Happy Friday ya filthy founder,
Have we got a newsletter for you. It's hotter than ETH Denver, quicker than Slack support, and smoother than the tinder swindler's whatsapp game. Tbh, it's a pretty mediocre breakdown with some cool mentions. But don't get your hopes up. Or next week's newsletter will take even longer to whip up. Now let's hit our Michelin star menu: 🍽
- Kernal's pre-seed round is heating up
- Startup news you should probably know about
- $1,000 buckeroos off a nifty startup tool called Miro
Pause the Nascar documentary and let's dive in: 🏁
💸 Kernal Pre-Seed is Getting Hot
Kayne caught wind so it's probably time to spill the beans. He's got his hands full with his new donda 2 album dropping so we'll fill you in on the goods.
We're socializing an investor deck with some angels and wanted to open the invite to Kernal users.
It's been a great ride so far and investors have been quite keen to learn about our web 3 direction. If you missed the update, read it here. Want a sneak peek of the slides? Spoiler alert: some of you are in them. 👀
The deck covers:
- where Kernal's been,
- the trends we're seeing with seed investors
- and the big opportunity in building a startup idea platform for founders
If you're an institutional investor, bitcoin swindler (joking) or angel investor that wants to request a spot on our cap table, drop us a line.
📰 Startup News You Should Care About
- Forget PR: Postmates founder (pretty decent startup idea) explains why hiring a PR firm isn't good for startups.
- Direct is King: Kayne West drops his Apple contract and goes direct to his users with his new Stem Cell product. Here's why this is interesting.
- Lost at Sea: a bunch of OpenSea users got tricked out of $1.7M+. Read what happened so you're not next.
- 3 Wins from ETH Denver: Furqan, $20B Co-founder of AppLovin, shares some big wins with Shaan he took away from the world-renown crypto conf.
- 15 Rules to Scrap: Sahil breaks down 15 life principles founders should kill to have more clarity in their life.
- Amazon's $31B Ad Business: hungry for memes and a quality breakdown of Jeff Bezos' latest revenue pursuit? Pull up a chair and read this.
- Keys to a Thriving Side Project: getting traction and picking logos can be tough to balance. Find out what matters to push the dial on a project.
Take a gander at our latest startup ideas and concepts getting attention from members. Join our discord if you'd like to see what people are saying about them offline.
- 🌱 Excel & Sheet's formulas from simple English sentences (using AI)| Tanveer
- 🌱 Desk rental by owner | David Puplava
- 🌱 Build wealth for high-earning individuals using tax optimization and automation | Cameron Nuckols
- 🌱 X Games 2.0 with DAOs and NFTs | Sahil Bloom
- 🌱 Netflix for outsourcing: Request unlimited creative tasks at a fixed monthly subscription | Justin Wu
- 🌱 Anti-flash skirt with a phone size pocket for everyday living & working | Viya
- 🌱 Non-Alcoholic Wine | My First Million
- 🌱 Advanced email client for celebrities/influencers | Corey Haines
- 🌱 Replace Paper Receipts (and not just through an email receipt) | Braden Barwich
Got a startup idea of your own? Submit it here for featuring next week
🔦 New Landing Page - Who Dis?
My coworker Paul is too humble to say this so I'll say it for him: the kid put in some serious work to design a gorgeous new landing page and it's finally ready for viewing. Cue the lights. ✨
Take a peek below or log out of your Kernal account to see the new sign-up page shimmer. We may or may not send you a $10 Starbucks card if you spot any edits we missed. Message them privately here or tweet them publicly to have the bounty double to $20. 😎 ☕️
What this new landing page means for you:
- you'll look cooler inviting founders to the website
- you can brag to friends you're a member and they're on the waitlist
- you can finally text friends a link that actually explains why you love Kernal
Text a friend the Kernal website by clikcing here
Come Get $1,000 Off Miro
We've been riffing on partnership ideas with our friends at Miro and they said they'd love to lend a hand. We were sold as soon as we heard the "$1,000 off" mention in the zoom call.
The best part? The promo applies to all of our users. So now we wanna make your weekend. 📣
What the heck is Miro (for those that live under a rock)? It's a collaborative online whiteboard that every startup swears by.
How do you get $1000 off? Ace these 2 requirements:
- Post your startup idea on Kernal or claim an existing idea ✔️
- Show us you're working on it by sharing a progress update ✔️
As soon as you have those two things in motion, email us to get access to the miro discount. It's that easy.
Miro's Startup Program lets teams get $1,000 in credits to grow their business. They also have a whole bunch of startup miro templates you can steal for your next idea jam. Keep your eye out for a Kernal template coming soon... 🤫
Apply below and (mention Kernal) to get the quickest access in the form or email us for access by sharing the Kernal idea you're working on.
🐦 Tweet of the Week:
This guy's worth over a billion dollars and shows up in a costume. Good reminder to not take your life too seriously.
🤷♀️ Enjoying the Kernal Newsletter?
- A) let us know
- B) forward it to a friend (or let them know they can subscribe here)
- C) drop a line if you'd like to request a topic or submit a project for feature
Wanna jam on startup ideas and web 3 tweets? Come dougie in our discord. 🎶 We may or may not be sharing half-decent memes that make you laugh.
Have a great weekend friends.
💚 Kernal Fam