👂Summer Pods to Jam to
Europe's hot. Elon's BTC sell-off was cold. And goldilocks' porridge was justttt right. 🥣
Welcome to the Kernal newsletter: where we cook up startup ideas faster than an Italian pizza-eria 🤌 Lame opener, but it rhymed and I'm jet-lagged so we're rolling with it.
Some days we're spitting fire, some days we're spitting 6/10s. But the important thing is, we keep shipping. Making steps forward each day. So in the long run we're hitting our stride and ringing that bell on the NASDAQ balcony. Cha feel? Let's dive in. 🤿
- 🎧 Summer podcasts you should flag for your trip
- 💸 Startup ideas juicer than Tropicana
- 🐦 Tweet of the week
Low on energy? Today's stories are the best pick-me-up recipe.
Side note: shoutout of the week goes to our homie Seth for keeping Kernal open at all times. You sound like a friend we'd wanna be around 🙏
🎧 Summer Pods to Get You Vibin'
Summer's here. Which means less typing, and more boppin'. Boppin' to music, tik-toks and podcasts on the beach. B/C why we grinding on our startup idea if we can't enjoy a little sunshine here and there? For those summer road tripping this month, we tweeted this question to help you make the most of it:
What are you favourite podcasts you're binging on the road?
We wanted to drop the top answers we got to give you a leg up. Here's some of the favs people tweeted us:
- One liner: "Industry veterans, degenerate gamblers & besties Chamath Palihapitiya, Jason Calacanis, David Sacks & David Friedberg cover all things economic, tech, political, social & poker."
2. 📌 The Startup Women Podcast:
- One liner: "Hosted by Startup Canada’s CEO, Kayla Isabelle, each month they hit a key area of business – everything from funding and sales, to marketing and HR."
3. 📌 How I Built This by Guy Raz:
- One liner: "Dives into the stories behind some of the world's best known companies. How I Built This weaves a narrative journey about innovators, entrepreneurs and idealists—and the movements they built."
4. 📌 Means of Creation:
- One liner: "The old structures of work that dominated the 20th century are gradually being replaced by platforms and cultures that have grown up on the internet. Li and Nathan unpack this new passion economy for listeners."
5. 📌 My First Million:
- One liner: "Every week Shaan and Sam dive deep into different business opportunities and explain how to pounce on them."
If you have a 5 hour flight coming up, you'll have to fire one of these up.
Got a favourite pod? We'd love to hear it.
🚀 Startup Ideas to Sink Your Teeth Into
Ya'll know the drill. Up-vote, comment and reach out to your favourite ideas below.
Our team is building a list of ideas to pass to investors each week. If your Kernal idea isn't updated with the correct stage, update it today.
You see, we want to connect investors to the right deal stages. If you don't have the right stage, you won't get intro'd. That simple. To meet more investors, click here to update your idea stage.
Now let's get to the top ideas 👇
Wanna look at the full list of startup ideas tagged with "podcast" as a theme? Click here.
And if you're feeling lucky, post a startup idea of your own. We'll feature it next week. 📰
🐦 Tweet of the Week:
Less hours thinking. More hours building. That's the Kernal motto. And our friend Milly lives it out so perfectly:
Have a kick-ass weekend friends.
Also, need a movie to watch? Deadpool is now on Disney+
💚 the Kernal fam
P.S. Liked or hated the newsletter? Drop a review below or text our boss at 604-904-5098
How did you like this week's newsletter?
😍 Loved it · 😕 Meh · 😠 Hated it
*fake number but send good vibes to whoever you text