Happy Friday Builders,
Welcome back to the Kernal newsletter: where we hope you're sitting on a couch, sipping a cup of joe and ready to boogie into some startup ideas ☕️
Latest tech news: your cousin is still going viral on TikTok, Microsoft is bullying Canva by launching Designer, T-Cooks wants more revenue so Apple TV is eyeing advertising. Kathryn Haun is still crushing it. Biden's speechwriter finally let him say "slight recession". JPMorgs broke up with Yeezy. One of Kernal's startup ideas was pitched on Shark Tank. Tom Brady's making Pickleball cool again. Elon Musk's new perfume is the perfect secret Santa gift for your Uncle Wayne.
Enough jibber-jabber, let's get at 'er.
- 🎃 Trick or treats to draw in new users
- 🌶 Startup ideas spicier than Aunt Pam's hot sauce
- 🎉 New Kernal feature you'll wanna test out
*TBH: this newsletter is crazy fun to write. Just wanted to pause to say that. I appreciate you letting us use slang, spin up memes and drop gifs while refraining from tattle taling to our boss. It's become a weekly tradition I look forward to and it's pretty crazy you can get paid for this.
P.S. We're almost at 10K readers. Invite a friend if you like the way we let our hair down 😎
🎃 How to Lure Free Users for Your Startup
🙈 Trick: make a fake IG account and scam people to give you their email
🍬 Treat: post your startup idea on Kernal and send them a link to give feedback
🙈 Trick: launch an NFT collection and rug pull them one week later
🍬 Treat: share a progress update on Kernal which goes to your up-voters
🙈 Trick: tell them Cathie Wood invested in your pre-seed round when no one has
🍬 Treat: show them a screenshot of interested investors on your Kernal idea
We'll let you be the judge of which one to use...
Startup Idea of the Week
Enter our Shark Tank at your own discretion
Deal notes: Shared by Bishwendu, swag by AI. Looking for experts in dropshipping and print on demand. (Read More)
Deal notes: You're saving money with Yuriy, give yourself more than a pat on the back next time you pass on the $12 latte (Read More)
Deal notes: Shared by Christopher and explained with gifs. (Read More)
Deal notes: Simon says let's make product creation less risky. Looking for intros. (Read More)
Deal notes: Taylor is cracking down on SDR calls with Quack. (Read More)
Kernal News Round-Up:
- Meet AI Alfred: an MVP one of our Kernalers spun up. Our team wrote a blog on how Domenico & Marc brought it to life. It's pretty cool-io.
- Kernal Office Hours: our team's been kicking around an office hours idea where we meet with builders every Friday. Email us if you're down to chat.
- New Ambassador: Meet Jessica O'Leary from Austin. Hit her up if you're attending NY Tech Week. Or slide into her Kernal DMs.
- 3 Important Questions: we're trying to answer 3 q's as a Kernal team this week. If you wanna help out click here to answer them in 10 seconds.
- Join a Kernal Workshop: let's be honest. it's time to level that idea. Let us know if you'd RSVP to a jam sesh in November.
✨ Early Access Invite: Startup Discussions
We're experimenting with a new way for you to connect and share information on Kernal and we want your input -- It's called Discussions.
And you can share learnings, drop a great article you read, ask the community a question and more. We're rolling it out to select users and are hungry for feedback. If you have something to share or want early access to join the Discussion feature, click that green button below and prove it to us.
Some fire convos already happening:
- Alexis talking about bootstrapping her own startup
- Sonia announcing the new Kernal Learning Hub
- Ahmed on Kernal platform feedback
- Blake asking about NY Tech Week
Meme of the Week
TikTok is giving big tech a test of their own medicine.
Know a founder or investor that should be on Kernal? Send them an invite.
Have an awesome weekend startup friends.
💚 Kernal Fam