Welcome back to the Kernal: your beach friend that brings an extra chair and portable iPhone charger even when you said you didn't need it 🏖
Today's issue is for the water skiers, the beach tanners, and paragliders. The summer founders that are catching waves in the morning and grinding late into the night to keep business roaring. But for real, make sure you get some summer adventures with friends. Building a startup is fun. But so is making the most of that flexible schedule. And if your lead investor asks, just tell them you're doing some IG reel research for content purposes 😉
- 🏆 Founder of the week
- 🎉 New Feature Friday
- 💭 Startup ideas HR folks should run with
- 📰 Hacks and tools you'll wanna click on
Today's headlines are bright, so make sure you lather up with SPF 60.
🏆 Founder of the week
Staying in touch with people over Slack is great. But when you have 12+ tools per day you're sifting through, it can make you wanna pull your hair out. We all know the feeling when you're sifting through every tool to get access to a google drive folder you need to screen-share in 10 mins.
Greg Fragin felt the same. So he's building a startup to change this.
He's hungry for some feedback so we said we'd scoop up some ideas from our readers. Please don't let us know... 😬
His startup idea? A unified productivity dashboard to give you back your time. He stewed up enough conviction to hire some folks and has a gorgeous MVP here. If you're a nerd for productivity apps, give it a go. Look up Loophq.com/ and email the founder at email@example.com if you have any tweaks you'd make to the offering.
Greg even spun up a spiffy-looking Vimeo video so you can understand his startup idea in 52 seconds. Give it a watch:
Homework to help the founder:
- ✔️ Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your user feedback
- ✔️ Up-vote his startup idea on Kernal if you'd buy, build or invest in it
- ✔️ Comment on his startup idea if you have any product suggestions
Slide into those DMs
You asked. We listened.
You wanted to connect with other Kernalers without leaving the platform. Now you can do just that with Direct Messages.
Provide and receive feedback, suggestions, and other advice that keeps the conversation going. Here's 3 ways to start.
🆕 Navigate to your existing conversations from the chat icon in the top right of the header.
🆕 Start a new conversation with someone from the Member Directory (you can filter by expertise to get help on your community request).
🆕 Start a conversation with someone by visiting their profile page.
🚀 Startup Ideas to Jump On
You know the drill. Up-vote, comment and flag your favs:
Think you got what it takes to share a startup idea? We believe you. So get to it. 👇
⚡️ Startup News of the Week:
- Lea from "Duolingo for your career on Slack." passed 150+ users and first paid company pilot! (read the full update)
- Steal this collection of thinking tools and frameworks to help solve startup problems
- Reid Hoffman leads a VC firm called Greylock. Here are the top 5 markets for startups their team suggests you build in.
- DemandCurve teaches you how to land more customers using Tik Tok Ads
🐦 Tweet of the Week:
We all fly the coop at some point...
Have a kick-ass weekend friends.
💚 Kernal fam
P.S. feedback, ideas or just wanna grab a bubble tea? Hit reply. We read 'em all.