Welcome back to Kernal: "the best place on the internet to go from fiasco to Picasso with your startup idea". 🎨 It was either Michele Romanow or our intern that texted that the other day.
On this week's startup news: U.S. job openings hit record highs, someone Peter Parkered up Salesforce tower and we raised a ton of cash from you in last week's email. Guess it pays to throw some letters together in an email every Friday. 🤷♀️
- 💸 Fund update from last week's beta test
- 🎧 Our Q&A with Elaine Zelby [RSVP]
- 🍭 Founder goodies sweeter than Halloween
Top up your chai tea cuz we got news that'll hit harder than Bruce Lee.
🏦 Lots of You Wanna Join the Kernal Fund
Last week, we dropped a secret on you. We're building a fund to back the best startups on Kernal. Surprise, surprise.
What did take us for a spin, was how many of you want to be a part of it. We had 100+ of you reach out with interest so we feel like we're really onto something special.
Before we start circulating our deck, we wanted to do one last call in case you slept on last week's offer.
Put up your hand here if you'd like to LP in our fund and back some kick-ass founders.
📆 Join Us May 11th for a Q&A with Elaine Zelby
You know those people you sit down for dinner with and you're like how the hickerdoodle do you do it all? Zelby is one of those folks.
She's a Partner at SignalFire, she's on some boards, she's a content creator, a podcast poster, and a newsletter writer. But that wasn't enough. Somehow she caught wind of Kernal and has been sharing startup ideas ever since. Some have hit 83 up-votes like this one. 🔥
We had to ask her to join us for a Q&A on Twitter Spaces to explain how she does it all.
Cancel your lunch plans and mark your calendar. We'd love to see you in the audience. RSVP here or submit a question for Elaine to answer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
🧀 Startup Cheese & Weekend Reads
- 💰 Finimize did some digging into why "Lord Buffet" is buying the dip. Find out what he's wetting his beak on.
- 🗣 3 ways to pitch an investor so you win their investment
- ✈️ Not so little startup, Airbnb, had a power quarter. They posted 70% revenue growth YoY with a nice side of 102m bookings in Q1.
- 👀 Your cousin, Kernal and now Home Depot has launched a VC fund.
- 📧 Are NFTs the future of subscriptions? Find out here.
Got a startup tip we should include next week? Email us at email@example.com.
🐦 Tweet of the Week:
Web 2 vs Web 3 careers...
That's it for today folks. 🐰🥕
Remember, if you wanna join our Kernal Fund as an LP, put your hand up and fill this out.
Have an amazing weekend builders.
💚 Kernal fam