🐻 3 Ways to Win in a Bear Market
Welcome back to Kernal: your favourite childhood game of connect four but instead of red and black circles we play with:
- Startup Ideas
- Founder Talent
- Venture Capital
- And Market Validation
For those of you that are new, welcome to the best community on the internet. Wanna know our bread and butter? 🧈
We help take your startup idea from the back of a napkin to the face of an investor. We've got loads of features to help you build, 100+ MVPs in motion and a pre-seed venture fund to back the best ideas users share. We're over 8,000 users strong with 1,500+ concepts in the air and we haven't even spent a dollar on ads 🚀
The TL:DR: We're Shark Tank 🦈 + ProductHunt 🔎 + Twitter 🐦
And we're pumped to have you here. In other top headlines: stocks are low, gas is high, Curry took the win and 18% of Coinbase staff is absolutely rattled. But not everyone is packing up their bags in this recession. No sir-y. Some people are hungry as ever. And we like to pride ourselves on building Kernal for that exact market. The builders that GSD when they've got an idea in their head. Enough of that TED Talk, let's roll out our red carpet plan for the day 🥁
- 🧸 How to win in a bear market
- 💡 Startup ideas you'll wanna write home about
- 🫖 Spill the tea startup edition
I hope you brush your teeth with crest, b/c today's updates are one of our best 🪥
🧸 How to Win in a Bear Market
Bear markets aren't easy. Our palms are sweaty, our knees are weak and our arms are heavy. But don't think for a second we're throwing in the towel.
You see, bear markets can be ripe with opportunity. You just gotta look under the right rocks. Here's 3 ways you can score this bear market season:
- 🛠 Upskill: Just b/c the markets are crap doesn't mean your learning has to stop. Use this time to deepen your range as a founder. Hire a coach, join a Maven class or grow your abilities. Showcasing how you've grown into your pitch is guaranteed to be a better ice breaker than complaining about the weather.
- 💬 Network: wallets might be tight, but calendars aren't. Capitalize while you can. Reach out to inspiring builders, ask compelling questions to angel investors in your niche, and build out interview content that puts you in the right room. Work at it now, so that in 12 months, you have a rock-solid pipeline of relationships other founders dream of. Psst, check out our member directory.
- ⚡️ Momentum: reputations are built over decades and lost in minutes. Our advice? Start building some street cred. Update your projects by building in public. If you have a case study, validated startup idea or MVP you've shipped, head to Kernal and toss it up. We'd love to feature it in our next newsletter.
Don't let the bear market get you down. Now's the time to grind, so in the next 6 months your startup shines. ✨
P.S. If the bear market has destroyed your public stocks portfolio, back some early-stage builders instead. Sign up to be an LP in our pre-seed fund and someone will reach out to walk you through our deck.
Sign Up to be a LP in Kernal Fund
🚀 Startup Ideas to Sink Your Teeth Into
Up-vote, comment and flag your favs:
Sitting on a juicy startup idea? Stop teasing us. Pull it out of your notebook and smash that green button below.
Event of the Week
On June 22nd at 12pm PST, our community team is hosting a Q&A with Kernal Ambassador Milly Tamati. RSVP here to lock down your spot. 🍿
📰 Founder News of the Week
🐦 Tweet of the Week:
Anybody travelling this summer knows exactly what Trung means...
P.S. Know a founder or investor that should join Kernal? Send them an invite. We're tracking member referrals and trying to convince our boss to let us give away a new MacBook pro to the highest count. Get ahead on the prize by clicking that button below and inviting a friend to Kernal.
Have a kick-ass weekend friends. Thanks for dropping by.
💚 Kernal fam
How did you like this week's newsletter?
😍 Loved it · 😕 Meh · 😠 Hated it